What are the objectives of the program?
- Help AWNY members grow professionally in a supportive, one-to-one environment.
- Provide both members of a mentoring partnership with a rewarding relationship that imparts real-life wisdom to workplace situations.
- Match mentee and mentor in pairs that support careers and help develop individual goals.
- Expand AWNY members' professional network.
What is the timeframe for this program?
- This is a year-long program that runs from January through December.
- Applications are generally solicited in October of the previous year.
Who can participate in this program?
- This program is open to all AWNY members who are willing to commit to meeting 12 times a year (once a month) or a total of 12 hours in this year-long program.
- If you are interested in this program but are not yet a member of AWNY, we invite you to become a member.
Am I a Mentor or a Mentee?
- Mentors: Give back. Develop future stars. We recommend mentors have 10+ years of business experience.
- Mentees: Benefit from experienced and successful AWNY members.
What is the first step?
- Fill out the appropriate Mentee Application or Mentor Application form and submit with your resume or bio by the deadline
- Details for the 2015 Mentoring Program will be announced to all members in the fall of 2014.
- These details, along with links to downloadable forms will then appear on this website.
How does the program work?
- Once you apply, the AWNY staff will contact you and guide you through the selection process.
- When you are matched with your partner, you will receive a mentoring packet with tools that will assist you in fulfilling the program.
- The AWNY Mentoring Program committee will continue to provide ideas to help guide mentoring pairs throughout the year.
- AWNY may also arrange special meetings and events for program participants.
What is expected of participants?
- Each member of a mentoring pair is expected to actively participate in the program.
- Each mentoring pair will meet 12 times a year (once a month) or a total of 12 hours as part of their program commitment.
- Mentoring pairs are free to meet more often and to create a relationship that serves both their needs.