Head of Global Partnerships Twitter
Twitter - San Francisco, CA
Location - San Francisco or New York preferred
Twitter…the best place you have ever worked. Ever. As a company, we strive to make a difference in the world, do the best work, and have fun while doing it.
We're building a platform where all voices can be heard, creating fun ways for people to express themselves, and growing our business in a way that makes us proud.
We innovate, experiment, and move at a fast pace. We’re a learning organization with a growth mindset, and we’re always looking for ways to improve our product and ourselves.
Passion and personality matter. You’ll work with creative and curious people across the globe, and we want you to feel comfortable being yourself every day you're here.
About Global Partnerships at Twitter
Twitter is seeking an exceptional leader to oversee the Global Partnerships organization. This is a rare opportunity to lead during a period of rapid development and growth.
Against the backdrop of a fast-paced, innovative and increasingly complex and competitive digital marketplace, the Head of Global Partnerships will be charged with achieving Twitter’s next horizon of growth. She/He will create and implement an executable and well understood strategy to improve and extend existing partnerships and create new ones to deliver upon the company’s commercial objectives.
The ideal candidate will bring a combination of business leadership, strategic thinking, analytical problem solving, deep product knowledge, and a general manager’s perspective.
The Partnerships function at Twitter encompasses the below teams. Together, they meet and exceed the needs of our Partners, while maximizing gains for Twitter across revenue, audience, and data.
- Content Partnerships: organized around four key verticals (sports, news, entertainment, and creators). This team serves to secure best-in-class content deals and partnerships with massive global reach
- Strategy: focuses on the product roadmap for content partners, coupled with ideation / innovation, and adoption
- Business Development team: extending our advertising partnerships so that clients can continue to understand the ROI (return on investment) as well as the ROE (return on efforts) of their marketing spend on Twitter through measurement and targeting tools. This team also supports Product BD work for Twitter’s core app, Bluebird, as well as our live streaming infrastructure efforts
- Syndication: responsible for extending the global footprint of our content assets across partner properties and platforms, providing increased audience reach, new channels for monetization opportunities, and additional value drivers back to Twitter
What You’ll Do
This role demands you to think and act strategically about complex matters that need innovative and scalable approaches.
- Strategy and Direction: act as a leader of the global Partnerships organization, helping build upon a successful commercial business for Twitter. Continue to develop and build the company’s roadmap, taking into consideration the objectives of our partners and brands as well as the company’s own product offerings. Establish a collaborative business relationship between Twitter and our partners
- Product and Vision: Collaborate with Twitter product teams to help define the roadmap and develop frameworks for measuring partnership ROI. Have a keen awareness of Twitter’s ecosystem of consumers and partners - both today’s and tomorrow’s. Understand their current product needs, and foresee future needs
- Delivery: Realize Twitter’s full potential across our partnerships, ensuring we are capitalizing across all opportunities available (meeting the needs of our partners, while maximizing gains across revenue, audience, and data). Exceed applicable revenue quotas and other key performance metrics
- General Management: Take an active talent management approach to onboard, mentor and inspire the leading partnerships team in the industry. Recruit and lead a world-class team, create a “high performance” culture, focused on delivering superior value to our partners and developing trust-based, long-term business relationships
In terms of how you’ll do it, when it’s all said and done, you will have demonstrated leadership, fortitude, creativity, influence, people instincts, and the ability to be both operational and strategic.
- 20+ years of demonstrated career progression and strong performance as a senior leader, ideally in a digital content or platform sales or related business
- Proven track record of successfully negotiating deals at senior levels of major brand and/or media companies; ideally brings deep relationships to the table
- Knowledge of mobile and Internet products and technologies; well-developed product sensibility and experience leading creative discussions regarding potentially innovative, unique and engaging content and product offerings
- Leader of a team of relevant scale to this role
- Track-record of collaboration and influencing across a large organization to deliver to expectation
- Experience working in a faced paced, high growth, dynamic business environment
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred but not required
- Willing to travel
Other Personal Characteristics
- Humble, team-oriented, focused on positioning the company, first and foremost, for success
- While industry reputation is very important in this role, the right candidate has a rigorous focus on what will serve Twitter best and will be not be distracted by the increased opportunities for personal limelight
- Compelling, persuasive personality who can drive impressive results without having direct command of the room or project
- Excellent corporate and personal judgment given the significant team microscope Twitter operates under
- Truth seeker who is masterful at direct communication
- Ability to bring a sense of humor and levity to an intense environment
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status. San Francisco Applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.